What's this all about?
On this page you can download the three mod players developed by me.
The first one ever made back in the 80s was "DosMod" which was written in assembler and C and is running under MS DOS.
The player "WinMod" was than a complete redesign running under Windows (95>) using DirectX (V7.0 is minimum) and is completely written in C++.
In 2006 I again developed a new player - now using Java. Starting with the intention to develop a new modplayer this is not a pure
mod player anymore - it is a complete audio player supporting several different file types, playlists, audio streaming and so on.
You will need at least Java 8
to work with JavaMod. But to have some NNAs with Impulse Tracker (200+) use Java 11
or later. It
was tested with Open JDK 14.
With version 2.8 a new feature was added: OPL emulation. That is why we now can play old AdLib ROL files. Yeah!
This player is not
based on the MikMod-Library. It's based on my own knowledge and experience.
It supports the formats / Files:
MOD, NST, STM, S3M, XM, IT, MP3, SID, OGG, FLAC, APE, WAV, MIDI, RMI, AU, AIFF, ROL, LAA, CMF, DRO, SCI, PLS, M3U, M38U, CUE, ZIP
- NoiseTracker Mods (*.nst)
- ProTracker-Mods (*.mod, *.wow: M.K., M!K!, FLT4, FLT8, 4CHN, 6CHN, 8CHN, CD81, OKTA, CH/CN)
ProTracker Mods are played with the original Period table (16 finetune-tables) of the ProTracker 2.1A Playroutine! Not rendering Protracker through XM or IT playroutines.
- FastTracker 2 MODs (*.xm) - FT 2.09 compatible
- ScreamTracker (*stm, *s3m)
- ImpulseTracker (*.IT) with NNA and DNA, IT 2.14 compatible
- XM Log-Table, XM linear table
- IT Amiga Table, IT linear table, it old effects, it compatible, it legacy switch, correct effect memorys
- Schism IT penetration tests 100% correct
- All effects are implemented (at last NNA / DNA also with IT --> use JDK11 or greater, JDK8 is only good for 100 NNAs)
- Interpolated mixing (linear, Cubic, windowed FIR)
- Noise Reduction
- 8/16/24/32-Bit Output: internally 32 bit is used - if less, dithering is used
- Plus support for mp3, mp3 http streams, wav, au, aif, midi, rmi, ape, flac, ogg/vorbis
- display of ID3v1-, ID3v2-Tags and Limecast, Shoutcast (und compatible) Tags
- SID-Files (for all the C64-lovers out there ;-) )
- APPLETS: even because a lot of people asked for it! We DO NOT HAVE them enymore!
- Supports now pls and m3u playlist files
- Endless loops can be recognized and stopped (via fade out)
- and a lot lot more!