What's this all about?
On this page you can download the three mod players developed by me.
The first one ever made back in the 80s was "DosMod" which was written in assembler and C and is running under MS DOS.
The player "WinMod" was than a complete redesign running under Windows (95>) using DirectX (V7.0 is minimum) and is completely written in C++.
In 2006 I again developed a new player - now using Java. Starting with the intention to develop a new modplayer this is not a pure
mod player anymore - it is a complete audio player supporting several different file types, playlists, audio streaming and so on.
You will need at least Java 6
to work with JavaMod.
This player is not
based on the MikMod-Library. It's based on my own knowledge and experience.
It supports the formats / Files:
MOD, NST, STM, S3M, XM, IT, MP3, SID, OGG, FLAC, APE, WAV, MIDI, RMI, AU, AIFF, PLS, M3U, CUE, ZIP
- NoiseTracker Mods (*.nst)
- ProTracker-Mods (*.mod, *.wow: M.K., M!K!, FLT4, FLT8, 4CHN, 6CHN, 8CHN, CD81, OKTA, CH/CN)
ProTracker Mods are played with the original Period table (16 finetune-tables) of the ProTracker 2.1A Playroutine! No XM nor IT compatible interpolating.
- FastTracker 2 MODs (*.xm)
- ScreamTracker (*stm, *s3m)
- ImpulseTracker (*.IT)
- XM Log-Table interpolation
- XM Linear Table
- All effects are implemented (IT: the NNA effects are still missing)
- Interpolated mixing (linear, Cubic, windowed FIR)
- Noise Reduction
- 8/16/24-Bit Output: internally 24 bit is used
- Plus support for mp3, mp3 http streams, wav, au, aif, midi, rmi, ape, flac, ogg/vorbis
- display of ID3v1-, ID3v2-Tags and Limecast, Shoutcast (und compatible) Tags
- SID-Files (for all the C64-lovers out there ;-) )
- APPLETS: because a lot of people asked for it! Here you have a test page
Please do not forget: if you use the applet with a playlist, you need URLs in the playlist! Local files will not work (of course) (Sample)
- Supports now pls and m3u playlist files
- Endless loops can be recognized and stopped (via fade out)
- and a lot lot more!