|WinMod 1.5 Sourcecode (GPL)||project_winmod.zip|
I always had the dream of redesigning the old Dos-Player DosMod (see link) and make a new windows version of it, so I would use drivers and do not need to program the DSP of Sound Blaster directly.
At last I managed to do so. The new WinMod-Player can load and play all formats ending on ".MOD", ".NST", ".STM", ".S3M"
i.e. Noise Tracker, ProTracker, StarTracker, FastTracker, Atari Oktalyzer, TakeTracker and Scream Tracker II & III.
It emulates as much channels as needed - as long as memory is allocatable and speed is sufficient.
Here you have a little screenshot:
Some additional info:
This player was completely written in C++ and does (till now) not use any line of assembler code. It will only work with DirectX 7.0 (or higher) as it is using this API. However a direct wave output to a sound driver is also supported.
Of course we again use interpolated sampling which sounds better then that of the DosPlayer. The "deClick"-Routin was a test for an algorithmus that does not really work well - so never mind. This would need a kind if interweaving of sample data, which I know now.
In this version a CPU-Usage is shown. One word to that number: it shows how much percentage of the time one buffer lasts is used to completely fill it up. Excample: with a usage of 10% and a buffer of 250ms the mixing routine needed 25ms to fill that buffer. If you reach the 100% (or above) the mixing routine needs more time to fill the buffer and DirectX will "overtake" the buffer.
Version History of WinMod V1.5
New in Version 1.5:
- Fixed a reported Local Buffer Overflow Exploit with LST-Files (Link)
- Full english translation
New in Version 1.4:
- Some crashes due to effekt issues fixed
- Errors during loading of S3M und MOD fixed
New in Version 1.3:
- Just too much to remember...
- S3M are now supported (mainly)
New in Version 1.2:
- Looping of whole piece can be switched off
- Compatibility issues under windows 2000 fixed
- ScreamTracker "STM"-Modules are now playable
- Grave-Composer "WOW" are now playable
- MODs with ID FLT8 are now supported
- Compilation with VC6
- DirectX 9.0 support
- following pattern data is now working (a bit better)
- Issue with vibrato effekt without param fixed
New in Version 1.1:
- Pattern Repeat did not allow repetition of whole piece
- build in Drag and Drop
- some Bug Fixes
- Patterns can be viewed and followed